Instruction Before and After Aberrative Laser (CO2 Laser and FRACTORA)
– There may be swelling of treated skin for a few days. To help reduce swelling, apply an ice pack for two to three minutes every quarter of an hour on the day of the treatment and use extra pillows under your head when sleeping to help reduce swelling from areas treated on the face.
– If scabbing occurs, it is very important not to pick, shave, rub, scratch or aggressively wash the area to prevent possible scarring. If blistering occurs, do not drain blisters. Allow them to dry and heal on their own. Care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated area for the first 7-10 days following treatment.
– Apply Sunscreen and avoid the strong sunlight to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
– You can shower and bath the treated area as normal, but you should pat the skin dry, try to avoid shaving in and around the lesion until any bruising has faded.
– Use an antiseptic cream on the treated area if crusting occurs, to reduce the risk of infection.
– Avoid using any makeup on the lesion for five days after treatment, avoid sports involving physical contact, until any bruising has faded.