Instruction Before and After Filler Injection
Treatment Care Tips
Immediately after treatment there may be some swelling, redness, itching and tenderness. This is a normal result of the injection and will settle after a few days, To achieve optimal result, please note the following after treatment care tips
On the injection treatment day:
- Avoid make-up 12 hours after injection treatment
- Avoid touching the face, especially on injection sites
During the first 2 weeks
- Avoid any extended exposure to the sun, sauna and UV rays
- Avoid any extended exposure to the temperatures below 0 C such as skiing
Post treatment for at least 1 week:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least a week
- Avoid sleeping ‘face-down’ posture for at least a week
- Apply cold compress to alleviate any swelling and bruising as needed
Post treatment for at least 2 weeks:
- Avoid extreme temperature and extended exposure to sun
- Avoid sauna, hot spring, tanning bed etc.
- Avoid facial massage
- Avoid exerting any pressure on the treatment area
For optimal results, Do:
- Remain upright for the day and sleep with head elevated (to reduce swelling)
- Rest the face and limit smiling and laughing
Immediately after the treatment, you may expect:
- Post-operative swelling and redness. Swelling will resolve within7 to 10 days, but may persist for several weeks. Ice or cool compress after injection can help to reduce swelling and redness.
- Possible touch up session 2 to 3 weeks after initial session. This is to ensure maximal length of correction. If you have any concerns following
- treatment, do not hesitate to discuss with your healthcare practitioner.
- Notice the side effect may occur
Inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions
- Inflammatory reactions (redness, oedema, erythema) or pain may occur after injection for 1 week
- Haematomas, induration, nodules or discolouration or any other side effect which persist for more than one week
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have after the treatment.